Saturday, December 29, 2012

Notes From The Foot Whisperer - A New Year's Challenge and a Wish!

Since we're all about staying fit, and most runners like new challenges, we thought it would be fun to put out a little New Year's Resolution challenge. We welcome you to join us at Up-N-Running for our group runs and walks. And starting Saturday, January 5, Up-N-Running will challenge you to meet your New Year's Resolution. Since a resolution can encompass many different things, we will keep it in one of three categories: Run-related, fitness-related, or weight loss. We ask you to write down your resolution and put it in a sealed envelope (Please make it challenging - It is an honor system). Drop it off at our group run on Saturday, January 5. And we ask that you perform a reasonable amount of participation with the run group (Honor system!). In return, come December, 2013, we will have a small party where the sealed envelopes will be opened. If you met and exceeded your resolution, we will give you a $50.00 gift certificate to Up-N-Running!

As I indicated, it has to be a bit of a challenge. And more important, hopefully something that continues through the years, maybe even through life. I will let all in on my resolution. And it has to do with both weight loss and run-related. I have run a few marathons. And so my goal isn’t to run another (Although I will be running Pittsburgh again for the Alzheimer’s Association, my favorite charity). As I near my 60th birthday, my goal is to run at least 1000 miles for 2013. And to lose 20 pounds in that time period. So I will record my miles every day. And I will weigh myself in on January 1.

If you plan on running your first marathon or half marathon, you definitely want to join us! Our coach is the greatest. And the group has fun training together. If your goal is something other than the marathon or half, you still can join us as we will have other distances in both running and walking.

Are you up for the challenge?

And my New Years Wish for all! We at Up-N-Running thank you all for your support over 2012. We hope your experience here has been pleasant, educational, and you have been very satisfied with our service and staff. We look forward to continued service to the community in 2013. And hope all of your goals for the New Year are met.

I do want to also thank our staff. It just doesn’t work without these knowledgeable and passionate runners!

Have a Very Happy New Year!

~Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment