Friday, December 21, 2012

Notes From The Foot Whisperer - The Solitary Runner

The holidays are now here. The hustle and bustle of people making their way through the stores trying to find that perfect gift. It can be overwhelming! And it is no different for yours truly. There are deadlines to meet and people to visit. And here I was with all of that hovering over me. Plus I had to get my newsletter out. What to do?

What else? Go for a run! With my Breath Thermo and Elmer Fudd running hat on, I ventured into the dark, overcast, snowy/rainy streets in my neighborhood. What a refreshing run! Not only did I get my mandatory 5000 meters in. But I cleared my head of all the clutter to concentrate on what really matters; family, friends, the true meaning of the Holiday, and to reflect on the times we live in. I won’t dwell on the dreadful current events. But only to say that our deep felt thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families of those touched by the Connecticut tragedy. Keep them all in your prayers.

Everyone at Up-N-Running wish you and yours the most blessed and peaceful Christmas!

~Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment