Thursday, February 19, 2015

Notes From The Foot Whisperer - Let's Beat This Winter Weather

If the weather lately has you down, you’re definitely not alone. After all, It is Pennsylvania. And it is February. And I’ll tell you, those blue jays, grackles, cardinals, doves and assorted little birds are eating me out of house and home! I find myself filling the bird feeder every two days while our feathered friends impatiently wait in the bushes nearby. But there is some really good signs that Spring surely is on its way! First – We are getting plenty more daylight! I am finding myself less prone to hibernate. And more prepared to run! Second - My tomato seedlings have popped through the soil in my planters, and are growing like weeds! Third – Have you noticed more sunny days? There are times, while running, if the wind is died down and I close my eyes just for that split second, I think I’m running on a beach Fourth – I’ll let you all know shortly, as soon as I see the first robin. For me, it’s generally around the last week of February.

But if you’re having difficulty seeing Spring, I have some neat ways of cheating my way into the warmer seasons: - My workshop at home has full spectrum lights to ward away SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). They really work! - I do take Vitamin D during the winter. It improves my outlook. - A brisk walk or run outside is definitely better than the couch! - When all else fails, I head over to Home Depot’s garden center, and check out the new things for Spring!

It will be here before you know it!

~Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment